KCER: Kidney Community Emergency Response Coalition
KCER READY QUIZ!
KCER READY! is a self assessment to help dialysis facilities and ESRD organizations promote a higher level of disaster preparedness for their staff and patients. We invite you to take a short quiz to evaluate your level of preparedness. Some of these questions are based on the national Readiness Quotient and others are based on the ESRD Conditions for Coverage regarding emergency preparedness. Please note: You must fulfill all the requirements in order to receive your certificate! Are you KCER READY?
September is National Preparedness Month and we would like to use this time to educate the community about the tools and resources available through the KCER Coalition.
This is also a chance for organizations to collaborate and share resources they have developed for disaster preparedness. Special thanks to the organizations that shared their resources for this activity.
Please feel free to distribute these to your dialysis and transplant facilities, patients, staff, and other key stakeholders.
KCER is always available to help answer your disaster preparedness and response questions or concerns. Our volunteers are knowledgeable and dedicated to providing quality care to the kidney community.
You can also find more information about National Preparedness Month at www.ready.gov.
KCER Tools and resources:
- Introduction Letter
- KCER Brochure
- Save a Life Brochure
- National Preparedness Month Presentation
- National Emergency Preparedness Education Week For Kidney Patients
- "Get Ready" Patient Brochure
- Preparedness for Transplant Patients
- Technical Assistance for ESRD Networks Brochure
- Most Important Things To Know in a Pandemic
- Pandemic Preparedness Checklist
- Overview and Frequently Asked Questions (Provided by Network 13)
- Are You R.E.A.D.Y.? (English Version) (Spanish Version) (Provided by Network 14 and the Texas Emergency ESRD Coalition (TEEC)
- Community Partner Meeting & Drill (Provided by Network 16)
- Community Partner Meeting, Dialysis and Disasters Presentation (Provided by Network 16)
- All Hazards Program(Provided by the Florida Kidney Disaster Coalition)
Las necesidades y capacidades de cada persona son únicas, pero cada persona puede adoptar medidas importantes para prepararse para todo tipo de emergencias e implementar planes.
- Ancianos: http://www.listo.gov/america/getakit/seniors.html
- Para personas discapacitadas: http://www.listo.gov/america/getakit/disabled.html
- Cruz Roja Americana: http://www.cruzrojaamericana.org/index.asp
- Anuncios de servicio público sobre desastres naturales: http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/psa/es/
- Protegiendo a su familia de los terremotos: http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/2007/41/index.html