A disaster caused by humans, either intentionally or in error, can affect communities in the same ways as natural disasters. Evacuations, loss of power, and other situations can disrupt the availability of life-saving dialysis.
Human disaster events include:
- Terrorist attacks
- Hazardous materials and explosions
- Spills of toxic chemicals, radiological material, biological material, oil, etc.
- Weapons of mass destruction (WMD); such as missiles, poison gas, bombs
- Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive (CBRNE) incidents
- Computer virus attacks
- Labor strikes and work stoppages